Roade Primary School is unique. It is a rural school with its roots firmly embedded in the local community, and it is an expanding and popular learning environment. It caters for children in the 4-11 age range. The school is expanding to accommodate the expansion in the village and over the next few years will grow to be a two form entry school.
We provide our children with a challenging and creative curriculum that stimulates collaboration and inspires independence. Our busy school has achieved the Quality Mark, Basic Skills Standard, Healthy School Award, Sing-up Award, Eco School Award and Active Mark.
The school consists of a Victorian block with 2 classrooms. This is the original school building opened in 1876. Behind the frontage there is a main block to the rear of the site built in 1971 and extended in 1996. 2017 sees the opening of our newest block. Eight new classrooms ready for September! As we expand we will ensure that we maintain our high standards, incredible standards of behaviour, creative curriculum and family feel.
The school has a large playground with a willow classroom, a Multi Use Games Area (MUGA), an activity trail and a school field. The school grounds also contain a pond and storage for bikes and scooters!
ROADE PRIMARY SCHOOL
ETHOS, AIMS, AND VALUES
We ask every member of our school community to work together to create an inspirational place where we can all thrive…..
‘A supportive community developing confidence, independence and a love of learning.’
At Roade Primary School we aim:
• To provide a happy, safe and caring place to learn
• To promote excellence, enabling all children to achieve their potential
• To provide our pupils with rich, diverse and enjoyable learning experiences
• To promote and foster self-esteem, motivation and a lifelong love of learning
• To encourage the children to become responsible citizens and to have respect for all
• To work in close partnership with parents, carers and the wider community for the benefit of our children
In everything we do we try to:
AIM HIGH, REACH FOR THE SKY!
Our values underpin everything that we do. Each term has a value attached to it reinforced within assemblies and PSHE lessons. In the sixth term we concentrate upon what it means to be a proud member of our Roade community. These values are learning tools and life skills to support our students in the future in life and future learning.
At Roade Primary School we support our children to be:
Play your part: We expect all members of the school community to:
• Respect others regardless of race, creed or gender
• Act considerately towards others
• Develop pride in themselves, their appearance, their work and their school
• Respect the rights of others and other people’s property
• Respect each other as individuals but reject anti-social behaviour
• Take personal responsibility for their actions
• Listen to each other
• Help and care for one another
• Be honest, truthful and trustworthy